Monday 28 October 2013

Arthur C. Danto

Arthur C. Danto Letter to Posterity published online in The American Scholar in Autumn 2012
A passion for philosophy led me to my first career, and a passion for art led me to a second, as a critic

'I hate the idea of dying, since I relish life, as long as I can actually live it. But death is a gift of the gods, a way of escaping life when it is really intolerable. Though I have built a philosophical system, it does not contain a philosophy of life. If I have a philosophy of life, it is to keep living until I drop.'

Arthur C. Danto
1 January 1924 - 25 October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigenous design | agencies | processes

 IDIA Indigenous Design & Innovation Aotearoa Local Contexts Frameworks for culturally appropriate engagement with cultural heritage he...