Wednesday 5 April 2017

On John Berger

Ben Lerner
Postscript: John Berger, 1926-2017
The New Yorker

Read Confabulations (Penguin Random House, 2016)
review by Kate Kallaway: 'People forget that Berger is funny. And curious. And that he listens – how he listens.'

Berger: “The way I observe comes naturally to me as a curious person – I’m like la vigie – the lookout guy on a boat who does small jobs, maybe such as shovelling stuff into a boiler, but I’m no navigator – absolutely the opposite. I wander around the boat, find odd places – the masts, the gunwale – and then simply look out at the ocean. Being aware of travelling has nothing to do with being a navigator.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigenous design | agencies | processes

 IDIA Indigenous Design & Innovation Aotearoa Local Contexts Frameworks for culturally appropriate engagement with cultural heritage he...